James McClain is a semi-retired structural engineer who has enjoyed a great forty-six-year career. He asked God to be part of his life years ago through God’s Son, Jesus. James now devotes his time to God, to his wife, to taking care of two homes, and do a little woodworking. He loves studying and digging deep into God’s Word and has a special love for eschatology.
Click here to open my "Statement of Faith."
I have recently been asked if I have a statement of faith. The answer is yes and I wish to share it with you at this time. I have not previously shared this statement on the website, the video series, or the podcast series.
I thank the person who asked the question. It is very important for every Christian (a Christ follower) to know what they believe and why they believe. 1 Peter 3:15 says that we are to be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have.
–God exists as three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
–That Jesus Christ is true God and true man.
–That Jesus Christ was born of the Virgin Mary by the action of the Holy Spirit.
–Man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin, and requires a Savior.
–The shed blood of Jesus Christ provides the only means of salvation.
–The Bible is the literal, divinely inspired and complete Word of God.
So, I wish to list some of my important “I believes.” This has led to my outreach and “ministry” for sharing Christ. Acts 1:8 says that we are to be witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth. For me that is Fort Wayne, the State of Indiana, the U.S.A., and around the world.
I believe the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the literal, divinely inspired and complete Word of God. It is infallible. It contains the only true way to our salvation.
- I believe there is only one true God. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit—these three are one. God is a spirit and has existed forever. God is creator of all things.
- I believe that Jesus Christ is the infinite God-man. Jesus Christ was and is true God and true man.
- I believe that Jesus Christ was born of the Virgin Mary. He became incarnate by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- I believe the Holy Spirit lives within the heart of all true born-again believers. The Holy Spirit is active in the world today, convicting and regenerating man.
- I believe that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin. As a result, each of us is born with a sinful nature.
- I believe that man cannot save himself. One cannot work their way to Heaven. Relying on works will not get you there.
- I believe that when a believer dies their fully conscience spirit is ushered immediately into the presence of Jesus in Paradise. I believe that when a non-believer dies their spirit is immediately taken to Hades, commonly known as Hell.
- I believe the shed blood of Jesus Christ provides the only means of salvation. Jesus is the only way.
- I believe the true Church is comprised of all born again believers, both those living and those who have passed.
- I believe that one must have saving faith which means trusting in Jesus Christ alone for our salvation.
- I believe in the imminent, Pre-Tribulation Rapture. This event takes place when Jesus meets all of His followers in mid-air and takes them to Heaven. This event also allows the Harlot world religion to take over and rule the earth.
- I believe in the Pre-Millennial Second Coming of Christ. Jesus Christ comes back to earth with His army of followers and defeats Satan in the Battle of Armageddon. This sets up the one thousand-year Millennium in which Christ rules on earth.
- I believe that at the end of the Millennium Satan is released from the Abyss and is defeated and thrown into the eternal Lake of Fire. God then brings down the New Heaven and the New Earth for all believers to live eternally with Him.
All of these “I believes” and more can be found throughout the videos, the podcasts and the two books found on the website, www.journeytofutureevents.com.
Let me end by sharing the Apostle’s Creed.
I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary; Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried, He descended in Hell; The third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead; I believe in the Holy Ghost; I believe in the holy catholic* church, the communion of saints; The forgiveness of sins; The resurrection of the body; And the life everlasting. Amen.
(*universal Christian church—all believers in Jesus Christ)
Please have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ—accept Him as your Lord and Savior.